Published on June 6th, 2011 | by Charlie0
Ubisoft’s E3 ConferenceUbisoft showed off a few new titles and sequels that many will be looking forward to. Here is what I managed to catch as it happened: This year, it is Ubisoft’s 25th Anniversary, so congratulations Ubisoft.
- First up, we have Rayman Origins. We have a demo and everything looks pretty colourful. Running sequence for the win! Things will start to collapse around you and will make you pretty tense and left concentrating. Also, there’s a Tetris level? REALLY?! Yes really. Just proves how epic this game will be. There are all sorts of levels including flying levels, jungle levels, underwater levels, lava levels and more!
- Mr Caffeine (Aaron Priceman) on the stage now, with random pictures of Tom Cruise and… Charlie Sheen? Seriously?
- Firstly, a retro version of Driver: San Francisco that was actually pretty funny. But for the real thing now, and we get to see a brand new trailer of the game that looks pretty sweet! It’s the retro trailer, but a billion times better!
- Next in “Gaming is Adventure”, it’s Far Cry 3, where you’re trapped on a mysterious island with a dark secret. The trailer showing and the character is taking photographs of the action happening below him, when he gets knocked out, and wakes up to a random guy talking all crazy like. Then, he knocks him off the edge, left to drown, but the character just escapes his deadly fate. Then a bunch of gunning gameplay, where you end up killing everybody in your path in order to try and escape. You manage to take a helicopter, which is suddenly brought down. The same crazy guy meets you at the destroyed helicopter, and says “Did I ever tell you the definition of Insanity?”.
- Next, it’s Gearbox Software with a new Brothers in Arms game, known as The Furious Four. Think of Insomniacs new game, but for SERIOUSLY hardcore gamers. The game definitely reminds you of Inglorious Bastards too. This game will be released in 2012.
- Next, it’s a film-inspired game, and it is… Tintin! This adventure see’s you take on the seas on a ship, and you use Snowy to help progress through the game. This is: The Adventures of Tintin: The Game.
- Next, it’s Tom Clancy: Ghost Recon. It’s another “I wonder what this would have looked like 20 years ago” and honestly, Future Soldier doesn’t look too bad 20 years ago! But now for the real thing, and we’re taking a look at some gameplay for the game, where you are in some sort of jungle. You can shroud yourself to hide from your enemies and select your targets to take out. You can also melee your targets and silently take them out. You can also use thermal scans to look for your enemy, and order your team to complete objectives in 4 player co-op. There’s also text to indicate where ammo and weapon drops can be found. You can also deploy drones to fly around the area to locate enemies, which is extremely useful.
- There is also Ghost Recon: Online, a multiplayer experience that is absolutely free, and is developed by Ubisoft Singapore. However, this is for the PC only, so don’t get your hopes up for a console version. You can apply to be in the beta now at GhostReconOnline.com
- It’s time for TrackMania 2: Canyon is next, which is a PC game. What we’re being shown is in-game footage, and I must say it looks pretty good. You can customize tracks to the max, and see’s racing at its best. The game will debut in September.
- And now, it’s time for Raving Rabbids: Alive & Kicking, which is a Kinect title, and it looks pretty fun. In one game, you’re stomping on Rabbids as they pop out of the floor. You can play with up to 4 players. Another one of the games is where all players have to “fill the shapes”. A good game if you’re large. You can share photos with your friends on Facebook. The game is coming out November 8th.
- Just Dance 3 is up next! And it’s on the Xbox 360 Kinect, Playstation 3’s Move and the Nintendo Wii! Finally: Just Dance is going multiplatform. This game will be out October 2011.
- Up next: Rocksmith. It’s essentially a guitar game where you are actually PLAYING the guitar. The game will get harder as you get better at guitar playing. The game is out October 2011 for the Xbox 360 and PS3.
- Your Shape: Fitness Evolved 2012 is the next Kinect game, where Ubisoft are turning up the technology and helping you to get in better shape. The game is out November 2012.
- And finally, it’s Assassin’s Creed: Revelations! And it looks like a CGI trailer, and Ezio has gotten OLD, which is a shame as Ezio is a great character. The CGI trailer makes the game look stunning, of course. Oh no. Ezio had an arrow stuck in his shoulder! But don’t worry as he’s still got it! Ezio is seeing visions of Altair. EZIO UNMASKED in a CGI trailer, which doesn’t normally happen. And now begins the E3 demo, where the graphics make Ezio look even older. It’s the Assassin’s Creed we know, but a lot sleeker! Smoke Bomb! Sword fight! More smoke! Eagle vision! Epicness! And now Ezio just destroyed a lighthouse! And now introducing…. A flamethrower. Yes. I am not lying! Now Ezio is escaping the wreck he created, as ships are burning around him. And just in the nick of time, he reaches the ship he needed to be on. Right at the end, you get a quick glimpse of what seems to be a gateway. Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood releases this November.