Published on September 16th, 2011 | by Gabriel0
Red Dead Redemption: Game of the Year Edition Release DateIf you still haven’t gotten your hands on a copy of Rockstar’s hit, Red Dead Redemption, you might want to hold out a little bit longer. Come October 14th, Rockstar and Take-Two will be releasing Red Dead Redemption: Game of the Year Edition. This edition will include the full, original Red Dead Redemption game; all downloadable content packs released to date (both free and paid), and all bonus content. The package includes:
- Original Red Dead Redemption game with a brand-new hardcore single-player mode.
- Undead Nightmare single-player campaign and multiplayer modes
- Legends and Killers Pack, featuring additional multiplayer map locations, multiplayer characters, and the Tomahawk projectile weapon.
- Liars and Cheats Pack, including the Stronghold multiplayer competitive mode, Free Roam gambling games, multiplayer horse races with combat, and the Explosive Rifle.
- Hunting and Trading Outfits Pack, featuring two outfits with corresponding gameplay challenges for John Marston.
- Outlaws To The End Co-Op Mission Pack, including six co-op missions for up to four players.
- All original pre-order content, including the Deadly Assassin Outfit, War Horse, and Golden Guns Weapon Pack.
- Solomon’s Folly single-player gang hideout and challenges available for the first time on Xbox 360.
- Just-released Myths and Mavericks Bonus Pack, featuring fan-favorite multiplayer characters and all-new locations to battle in.
New York, NY- September 13, 2011 – Rockstar Games, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), is proud to announce that the Red Dead Redemption: Game of the Year Edition will be released in North America on October 11, 2011, and October 14, 2011, internationally for the PlayStationR3 computer entertainment system and Xbox 360R video game and entertainment system from Microsoft. With more than 160 Game of the Year honors, this definitive edition will include all additional content made for the game in a celebration of Red Dead Redemption’s critical and commercial success.“We wanted to create a world that captured the spirit of the Western,” said Sam Houser, Founder of Rockstar Games. “We are thrilled that Red Dead Redemption’s vision of the West resonated with so many people.”Red Dead Redemption: Game of the Year Edition is rated 18 and will be available at retail stores in the UK beginning October 14, 2011. The Myths and Mavericks Bonus Pack is out now and available for free to download on Xbox LIVE and PlayStation Network. For more news and information, visit the official Red Dead Redemption website (www.rockstargames.com/reddeadredemption); become a friend of Rockstar Games on Facebook (www.facebook.com/rockstargames); or follow Rockstar Games on Twitter (twitter.com/rockstargames).