Published on June 7th, 2011 | by Charlie0
Nintendo’s E3 ConferenceHere is what I managed to pick up from the Nintendo conference as it happened for me:
- Nintendo open up with a compilation of Zelda games, with an orchestra to go with it to help celebrate “The Legend of Zelda: 25th Anniversary”. Shigero Miyamoto comes up on stage with a translator. They reveal that they have created a Zelda game for all of their platforms. The first is The Legend of Zelda: Links Awakening, available today for the Game Boy Colour. Yes. That is correct. Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time will of course launch soon. In September, on the Nintendo DSi, is a 4 player cooperative game, The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords which will be free. Then finally, the Legend of Zelda: Skywind Sword for the Wii, out this Winter. They will also be making a special remote for Skywind Sword on the Wii. There will be symphony concerts all around the world from in the fall for the Legend of Zelda music. Additionally, they’re making two music CD’s. First is for the Ocarina of Time which will be available for the first people who register Ocarina of Time. The second will be of music from Skywind Sword.
- Satoru Iwata is on the stage now giving people a presentation. Now he’s about to talk about Project Café. Nintendo is going deeper and wider……………. *cough*Project Café will be released next year once we find out what it is.
- And now, onto some 3DS stuff. Next, some games on the 3DS is being shown. First, is Mario Kart 3DS, and it looks pretty interesting. You have some underwater tracks and some flying areas. You can also customize your Karts too, which is pretty sweet. It’ll be in stores Holiday 2011.
- Next, it’s Starfox64 3D, where you can tilt your 3DS to play the game. It’ll be in stores this September.
- Up next, its Mario. In Super Mario, which has been made from scratch especially for the Nintendo 3DS. Honestly, I am not a Mario fan, but this game looks pretty fun! The game will be released “before the year is over”.
- Next, it’s Kid Icarus: Uprising, and this is definitely a pick up for most people by the looks of things. Although, Kid Icarus’ voice actor reminds me of Jedward. There will also be Kid Icarus cards for your 3DS too. There will also be 3v3 multiplayer action. Lovely!
- Finally, Luigi’s Mansion 2 for the 3DS. It’s like Ghostbusters for kids.
- Now, a montage, of Resident Evil, Mario & Sonic 3D, Ace Combat 3D, Tetris, Cave Story 3D, Resident Evil: Revelations, Driver Renegade, Pac Man and Galaga Dimensions, Tekken 3D and Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater 3D.
- Game demos will also be available on the 3DS later this year. 3D Classics Excitebite is 27 years old, and you’ll be able to get it for free for a limited time on the eShop.
- Now, Pokémon. Owners of Pokémon Black and White will be able to use Pokedex 3D. You can scan Pokémon in the real world, in hot spots spot around the world, or by passing with friends. Each Pokémon will have a special Pokémon AI marker. Pokedex 3D will be exclusive for the eShop.
- Finally, it’s time for Project Café. It is called WiiU. This may confuse you, but it’s a console… but not a console. It’s a new controller, not a new platform. Get me? It will indeed have a screen and TWO analogue sticks, and it looks pretty big. You can play your Wii U games on the controller if your TV is occupied. You can draw things, play everyday games, Use the motion controller to play a game on your TV, use your previous Wii items, take aim with the new controller, make video calls with the controller, as it has a camera, browse things, share from the new controller and TV, get much more detail with your games, and will be arriving in 2012. The screen is 6.2 inch screen, with games like Wii Fit, there is no need to use the big screen. ZR and ZL buttons as well as L and R buttons. The screen is a touch screen, has a microphone, a speaker, a camera, a gyroscope and an accelerometer. It is not designed to be a portable video game machine. The WiiU allows you to use one screen, or two screens at the same time. Go to e3.Nintendo.com for more information.
- Smash Brothers will be for the WiiU and the 3DS. It will have cross-platform compatibility.
- New Super Mario Brothers Mii is all I’m going to say.
- The new controller can take the game world off the TV and bring it into the world around you.
- Next, a new form of multiplayer, called Chase Mii.
- Lego City Stories will be a game for the WiiU, and is an open world game, and is for the WiiU.
- Darksiders II, Batman Arkham City, Assassin’s Creed, Ghost Recon Online, Dirt, Aliens: Colonial Marines, Metro Last Light, Tekken and Ninja Gaiden 3 will all be on the WiiU. Nintendo are finally reaching out for the hardcore gamer.
- EA are now coming on stage, and all they said is that they’re supporting Nintendo with the WiiU.