Published on June 6th, 2011 | by Charlie0
EA’s E3 ConferenceNow it’s time for EA’s press conference, known as EA Gamechangers. Take a look at what I managed to pick up as it happened:
- First, we’ve got a short live action Mass Effect 3 trailer. Mass Effect 3 releases March 6th 2012. Normandy is still alive if you must know. The graphics look pretty good too. The best we’ve seen in a Mass Effect game. You can use cannons while you are being driven. And finally, a gameplay trailer of Mass Effect 3 with the same voiceover guy from the VGA’s teaser.
- Need for Speed: The Run. Autolog is being used for The Run too. There will be on foot action as well as in car action, which in my opinion isn’t what Need for Speed is about, right? Now a live demo is showing, and you’ll definitely get a kick out of this game when you play it. The game will also feature quick time events! The game will release June 6th 2012.
- Bioware is back to show off Star Wars: The Old Republic, which has been delayed quite a lot. And now a brand new trailer for The Old Republic. Loving it before I even see it! Although the trailer does use clips from previous trailers, which is a downer. Still no release date though.
- SSX trailer is next, and this too looks thrilling. EA sure knows how to bring the thrills! The game will release January 2012. Race it, Trick it and Survive it are 3 distinct ways to play SSX. Go to Origin.com to see exclusive content of the game.
- 1.3 billion hours logged, and 42 million people have enjoyed the experience of FIFA across many platforms. FIFA 12 will be the most revolutionary FIFA ever. Tactical defending, Precision Dribbling, and Player Impact Engine. And then a trailer with many footballers telling about their experiences with FIFA. By the way, Lil Wayne loves FIFA. A new service: EA Sports Football Club. Challenges and storylines, connect and compete with millions of players around the world. No additional charge and “kicks off” with FIFA 12. Choose your favourite team, level progress through the club and more. Football club is driven by “the real world”. Share your progress. FIFA 12 is “the next generation”.
- Madden FNL 12 is next! The graphics aren’t as impressive as FIFA, but they’re still good. Footballers Ray Lewis, Paton Hillis and Clay Matthews take to the stage with…. The Inception music?
- The Sims Social announced for Facebook. This allows you to play The Sims using Facebook. It allows you to build homes for your Sims like a normal Sims game, post statuses of relationships, break ups, and more.
- Up next is Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning. A huge open world filled with many hours of gameplay. It may feel like The Elder Scrolls as a few people who worked on those games worked on this game too. However, the trailer definitely looks interesting. The game is coming out in 2012.
- Next is Insomniac’s new game, Overstrike. Set in the near future, there’s a team of four characters called Overstrike 9. A CGI trailer is no playing and the game looks pretty interesting. Good to know Insomniac hasn’t lost its sense of humour. I don’t think it ever will. This game will be released for the Xbox 360 as well as the Playstation 3, as Insomniac has a huge history with Sony.
- It’s time for Battlefield 3…. And as always, this game looks stunning! First of all, EA are showing off Frostbite 2. The tech demo just looks insane, and allows EA to deliver a more physical battlefield experience. Now it’s time to see Battlefield 3 multiplayer map called “Operation Metro”, a map set in Paris. The multiplayer beta is in September. And now, for another peek at Battlefield 3, which involves a lot of desert. A wide open space? Perfect! And now some tank action! And some sky action now, which just surprised me a bit for some reason Battlefield 3 just looks so real that it’s unreal, if that made sense. Stat tracking will also be free. Battlefield is coming October 25th.